Cancer of the Small Intestine (cont.)
The small intestine is positioned between the stomach and the colon and is responsible for food absorption.
Medically reviewed by Jay B. Zatzkin, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Medical Oncology
1. Bernstein D, Rogers A.Malignancy in Crohn's disease.Am J Gastroenterol.Mar1996;91(3):434-40.[Medline].
2. Cunningham JD, Aleali R, Aleali M, et al.Malignant small bowel neoplasms: histopathologic determinants of recurrence and survival.Ann Surg.Mar1997;225(3):300-6.[Medline].
3. Neugut AI, Jacobson JS, Suh S, et al.The epidemiology of cancer of the small bowel.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev.Mar1998;7(3):243-51.[Medline].
4. Neugut AI, Marvin MR, Rella VA, Chabot JA.An overview of adenocarcinoma of the small intestine.Oncology (Huntingt).Apr1997;11(4):529-36; discussion 545, 549-50.[Medline].
5. North JH, Pack MS.Malignant tumors of the small intestine: a review of 144 cases.Am Surg.Jan2000;66(1):46-51.[Medline].
6. Wu AH, Yu MC, Mack TM. Smoking, alcohol use, dietary factors and risk of small intestinal adenocarcinoma.Int J Cancer.Mar 41997;70(5):512-7.[Medline].
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/22/2014
Robert J Fingerote, MD, MSc, BSc
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Cancer of the Small Intestine
Cancer: What You Need to Know
The news comes like a sledgehammer into the stomach: "I'm sorry to tell you, but you have cancer." Every year, a million Americans are devastated by news of can...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cancer of the Small Intestine: