Cancer of the Testicle (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Follow-up is the care patients receive after their cancer is diagnosed and treated.
Cancers can recur after treatment, and accurately predicting which men will have a recurrence is impossible. Recurrences, if detected and treated early, have a high rate of cure. The patient's best way to ensure that a recurrence is caught early is to carefully follow the physician's follow-up recommendations.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/11/2014
Scott E Eggener, MD
Steven C Campbell, MD, PhD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Cancer of the Testicle
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication