Cancer: What You Need to Know (cont.)
1. Becker M, Morton D. The Healing Power of Pets: Harnessing the Amazing Ability of Pets to Make and Keep People Healthy. Hyperion Press; 2002.
2. Creagan ET. Attitude and disposition: do they make a difference in cancer survival?. Mayo Clin Proc. Feb 1997;72(2):160-4. [Medline].
3. Creagan ET. How to break bad news without devastating the patient. Prime Practice [serial on CD-ROM]. 1996;Vol 2.
4. Creagan ET, Wendel SJ. How Not to Be My Patient: A Physician's Secrets for Staying Healthy and Surviving Any Diagnosis. Health Communications, Inc; 2003:[Full Text].
5. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Diagnosing cancer: What to expect. MayoClinic.com. Diagnosing cancer: What to expect.
6. Murphy GP, Morris LB, Lange D. Informed Decisions: The Complete Book of Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment, and Recovery. American Cancer Society; 1997.
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Must Read Articles Related to Cancer: What You Need to Know
Barium swallow is a test used to determine causes of painful or difficulty swallowing, and diseases such as GERD, hiatal hernia, ulcers, dysphagia, tumors, or p...learn more >>
Bladder cancer originate within the bladder. The bladder is a hollow organ within the body that stores and releases urine.learn more >>
Bone Marrow Biopsy
A bone marrow biopsy is performed to evaluate bone marrow function or to determine the cause of some infections, diagnose tumors, determine how far a disease, s...learn more >>