Canker Sore Causes
What causes a canker sore?
The cause of canker sores is unknown, but they tend to run in families. Canker sores may also develop when you:
- Are stressed or tired.
- Have your menstrual cycle, if you are a woman.
- Hurt your mouth, such as biting your lip.
- Have braces on your teeth.
- Have food allergies. Eating foods that you are allergic to may cause you to get a canker sore.
- Eat or drink food or juice that has a lot of acid, such as orange juice.
- Do not get enough vitamins or minerals in your diet, such as iron.