Viewer Comments: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Experience

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Experience

What was your experience with carbon monoxide poisoning?

Anonymously share your comment to help others.Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: camper, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

We were camping in a tent heated with a propane catalytic heater to take the chill out of the tent. Even a couple of hours came very close to killing us both. The only thing to save us was my wife's dizziness, which woke me up. I had difficulty breathing. We ventilated the tent immediately and luckily recovered with any long-term effect. Don't think for a minute that this won't happen to you. You could be poisoned and die in your sleep.

Comment from: Marion Smiith, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I left my car running for about 13 hours in my garage. Had turned off my furnace as being very deaf, I thought it was what was making the noise when I went out to the garage to get something. That probably helped things, and my doctor attached a gadget to my finger, and then said my oxygen level was normal. A week later I am still very confused in my mind and have lost the pin number on my new credit card, left my checkbook on the cashier counter at Costco, can't remember the cards when playing bridge so have to quit, and can't remember words when speaking, so am going to ask my internist to refer me to a neurologist.

Comment from: Stacy, Female Published: March 08

My two nephews were just found dead March 6th in a house that they were remodeling in Ohio. They were running a generator in a garage. They went to sleep and never woke up. Please warn people. It was such a waste and devasted the families.

Comment from: picaziette, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

We were sitting in McDonalds for quite a while (two hours). Later in the day I went home and all of a sudden my skin felt like it was burning up. It took on the appearance of a very bad sunburn, skin turned bright red and felt like a fire. After an hour it subsided, but wondered if this was due to carbon monoxide poisoning. I was told the next day that the restaurant was filled with it. Other people experienced headaches, stomach aches.

Comment from: still sick, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 02

For a week or so I have been having headaches and having blurred vision. I can't seem to wake in the mornings and thought I had the flu or something. I found out that our furnace is not burning the gas right. Days later I am still sluggish and I can't remember things.

Must Read Articles Related to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Drug Overdose
Drug Overdose Overdoses of drugs or chemicals can be either accidental or intentional. Drug overdoses occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose. Howe...learn more >>
Smoke Inhalation
Smoke Inhalation The number one cause of death related to fires is smoke inhalation. An estimated 50-80% of fire deaths are the result of smoke inhalation injuries rather than b...learn more >>

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Pill Finder Tool

Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Treatment

What was the treatment for your carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with carbon monoxide poisoning?



Viewer Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on eMedicineHealth. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. eMedicineHealth does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.





Medical Dictionary