Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Topic Guide
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): CPR, or cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a procedure a person can use to assist a person who is in cardiac arrest. Providing CPR to a person who is in cardiac arrest can save their life.
Automated External Defibrillators (AED) Automated external defibrillators (AEDs) are used when a person has had a heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest. It is a machine that instructs the user through the steps to defibrillate the victim. As more and more AEDs are placed in public places, more lives are saved from sudden cardiac arrest.
Expert Views and News
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication