Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Time Topic Guide
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times: Be prepared to manage your diabetes, and control blood sugar and symptoms when you're sick, when you're at work or school, when traveling, during pregnancy, or during an emergency or natural disaster.
Insulin Resistance Insulin resistance is a condition associated with several other conditions as well as a genetic component. Some of the conditions associated with insulin resistance include: the metabolic syndrome, stress, obesity, steroid use, or infection. Treatment of insulin resistance include lifestyle modifications (diet and exercise) and if necessary, medications.
Expert Views and News
- Combination Treatments for Diabetes
- 20 Reasons for Blood Sugar Spikes
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication