Viewer Comments: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

Tell us about your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome.

Comment from: Jaxiz2short, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

As I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, I have weakness in the hands or fingers, and I am unable to carry objects. Sometimes drop items, and I have a sharp knife-type jabbing in my hands or forearm just for a few seconds. I also have a dull pain in the underside middle of wrist. I'm experiencing numbing and tingling in the thumb index finger and 2nd finger sometimes the ring finger, and aching also in the back of the hand or at the fingers.

Comment from: tater, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I've been struggling with CTS for over 10 years and it's gotten to the point where keyboarding is almost prohibitive. This is a real problem since I'm a copy writer! This is affecting my ability to support myself. I'm reluctant to get surgery because it fails in over 50% of the time (symptoms return in 1 to 6 years) and I'll be out of commission while healing.

Comment from: 35-44 Female Published: February 04

I have carpal tunnel syndrome which comes with tingling and numbness at night. Also, my hands are numb upon waking and I usually rub them or shake them out.

Must Read Articles Related to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>
Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture)
Wrist Injury The wrist injury can be a sprain, strain, or...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms

What were your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms?