Viewer Comments: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Symptoms

What were your carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms?

Comment from: Lily, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

It started as numbness and tingling in fingers then developed to extreme pain from shoulder down to fingers along with numbness. The pain is excruciating when I am sleeping. I wake up constantly to try and shake the numbness and pain away. This all started when I was pregnant with my first child. Will consult an orthopedist soon and am I am very much considering having surgery.

Comment from: st8of10ec, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

With carpal tunnel I get numbness in my fingertips usually my middle and ring fingers but sometimes the index and thumb as well. I also get pain in my arm from my wrist up into my shoulder. It's not a dull pain, but it feels like my nerves were extremely irritated.

Comment from: connie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I had a tingling of thumb and after car accident the next three fingers that follow went numb. My doctors said the accident caused the carpal tunnel to progress.

Must Read Articles Related to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Hand Injuries
Hand Injuries Hand injuries can be divided into six categories. 1) cuts and lacerations, 2) fractures and dislocations, 3) soft tissue injuries and amputations, 4) infections...learn more >>
Repetitive Motion Injuries
Repetitive Motion Injuries Repetitive motion injuries are among the most common injuries in the United States. All of these disorders are made worse by the repetitive actions of daily liv...learn more >>
Wrist Injury (Wrist Fracture)
Wrist Injury The wrist injury can be a sprain, strain, or fractured or broken bone(s). Treatment of a wrist injury depends upon the type of wrist injury.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome.