Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Reducing Pain and Swelling
If you have pain, tingling, and other problems in your hand because of carpal tunnel syndrome, you can take steps to help the pain.
Steps to relieve pain and reduce swelling include:
Other lifestyle changes such as losing weight, quitting smoking, reducing the amount of alcohol you drink, and controlling medical conditions, such as diabetes, may help relieve your symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome related to swelling.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Pain Management Resources
- Arthritis Pain Relief: Risks and Benefits
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?