Viewer Comments: Cauda Equina Syndrome - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cauda Equina Syndrome:

Cauda Equina Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Cauda Equina syndrome?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I am almost 54 years of age. A gunshot to the back caused my CES. It happened at age 28. I did not have surgery. The doctors said the damage is already done. Now I have bowel and bladder problems. I also have loss of feeling in my genital area. My lower left leg is smaller than my right leg and I have loss of feeling in my but area. However life goes on, so I make do with what I have been dealt.

Must Read Articles Related to Cauda Equina Syndrome

Lumbar Laminectomy
Lumbar Laminectomy A lumbar laminectomy is removal or most of the bony arch of a vertebra. Risks include nerve damage, bleeding, infection, and blood clots.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cauda Equina Syndrome:

Cauda Equina Syndrome - Treatments

What was the treatment for your cauda equina?

Cauda Equina Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with cauda equina syndrome.