Causes and Treatments of Migraine Headaches (cont.)
Robert Cowan, MD
Soma Sahai, MD
Joseph Carcione Jr, DO, MBA
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
James H Halsey, MD
IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Diener HC, Limmroth V. Acute management of migraine: triptans and beyond. Curr Opin Neurol. Jun 1999;12(3):261-7. [Medline].
2. Fusco BM, Colantoni O, Giacovazzo M. Alteration of central excitation circuits in chronic headache and analgesic misuse. Headache. Sep 1997;37(8):486-91. [Medline].
4. Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society. Classification and diagnostic criteria for headache disorders, cranial neuralgias and facial pain. Cephalalgia. 1988;8 Suppl 7: 1-96. [Medline].
6. Mathew NT. Advances in cluster headache. Neurol Clin. Nov 1990;8(4):867-90. [Medline].
7. Mathew NT. Transformed migraine, analgesic rebound, and other chronic daily headaches. Neurol Clin. Feb 1997;15(1):167-186. [Medline].
8. Peroutka SJ. Dopamine and migraine. Neurology. Sep 1997;49(3):650-6. [Medline].
Must Read Articles Related to Causes and Treatments of Migraine Headaches
Find the secrets to longer life.
Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape
Headache is a pervasive symptom and the most common problem neurologists encounter in their clinical practices.
Pill Identifier on RxList
- quick, easy,
Find a Local Pharmacy
- including 24 hour, pharmacies