Viewer Comments: Erectile Dysfunction - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:

Erectile Dysfunction - Causes

Please describe the cause of your ED.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 23

I believe an injury to my pelvis and spine (L1 and L5 ) could be the cause. Everything was working fine until I suffered this injury.

Comment from: JD, Male (Patient) Published: August 01

Hi stress level, also have heart disease with 12 stents.

Comment from: SK, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I have been having the problem of ED for about 3-4 years. For the last 2 yrs I am on Stamlobeta 5 once a day for my BP and on Finheart (statin) one every night for my trigycerides. No other medication is on and my BP is abt 130/88-92 or so. I am able to ejaculate and have the desire for sex at an average of 2-3 times a day and I am 52 yrs old. I have been going through some mental stress but now I wish to get back to normal and be able to satisfy my partner.

Comment from: foz, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I had varicocele surgery about 4 months back for bilateral one. Before surgery my libido went absolutely low. However after one month of surgery I was getting night erections. The erections were not so strong as used to be before and I felt pain within my penis and felt some dryness and burning sensation, it looks as if something is not reaching my penis which is leading to irritation or dryness. Till now I had 3 nocturnal discharges after varicocele surgery but hardly feel sexual aroused because of erection pain in my consciousness as I had before. Blood and urine tests are normal. My doctor told me everything will be normal after some days.

Must Read Articles Related to Causes of Erectile Dysfunction

Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction Men are frequently reluctant to discuss their sexual problems, particularly erectile dysfunction or ED, and often need to be specifically asked. You can assist ...learn more >>
Erectile Dysfunction FAQs
Erectile Dysfunction FAQs Erectile dysfunction (or ED), also called male impotence, describes a man's inability to achieve and maintain an erection of his penis sufficient for mutually s...learn more >>
Erectile Dysfunction
Impotence/Erectile Dysfunction Erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence is defined as the inability of a man to achieve and maintain an erection sufficient for mutually satisfactory interc...learn more >>