Celiac Sprue (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Celiac Sprue Causes
Celiac sprue results from a combination of immunological responses to an environmental factor (gluten) and genetic factors. People need both a genetic predisposition and the exposure to gluten in order to develop celiac sprue.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/21/2014
Mohammed Wehbi, MD
Vincent W Yang, MD, PhD
Robin E Rutherford, MD
Simmy Bank, MD, MB, ChB
Mary L Windle, PharmD
BS Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Celiac Sprue
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Celiac Sprue:
Celiac Sprue - Symptoms
What were your symptoms of celiac disease?
Celiac Disease Resources
- Lactose Intolerant? 14 Ways to Eat Dairy
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair