Viewer Comments: Cellulitis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis:

Cellulitis - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your cellulitis?

Comment from: vam2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I woke up yesterday with slight pain just above my forehead, on the scalp, under my hair. Thought it was strange because I didn't remember bumping my head. As the day went on I felt a little bump. By night it was pretty painful. I was weak and dizzy. This morning took a shower and the water just made the pain worse when it hit it. The day went on and the bump got bigger. The pain was pretty bad. Also have a sore throat and just feel sick. No fever, though. Went to ER and he diagnosed it as cellulitis. So I am on Clindamycin four times a day for seven days.

Related Reading: Clindamycin

Comment from: pms, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I'm Patricia and I have cellulitis in the lower part of both my legs. I have taken medication but nothing has helped me. My legs hurt so badly, I cry sometimes where they hurt me so much. The doctors here in Virginia don't seem to care much because I'm disabled.

Comment from: RioRita, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

The ONLY thing that stopped my RLS was Xanax. I have had it for 10 years and couldn't even sleep at night until I was put on Xanax to take one hour before going to bed. It actually worked!!!

Comment from: alantwo1, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 18

I was hospitalized and put on IV with antibiotics for a total of 8 days. I also had very low potassium and an elevated white cell count.

Comment from: walnut grower, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I am 77 years old and in excellent health. Went to bed noticing a small red spot on the top of left foot, I thought it was due to sock rubbing the area. Woke up the next morning with top of foot red and swollen, no break in the skin was noticeable. I waited until the second day to go to the emergency room when it became impossible to put full weight on the foot. No fever was noticed but foot was hot and swollen up to the ankle with read streaks. It was determined that I had cellulitis and given oral antibiotics for 14 days with instructions to see my regular doctor in 3 or 4 days. This is the third day and things do seem to be better, but slow to react to the medication. I am able to put weight on the foot now, but I should have gone to the doctor the first day.

Must Read Articles Related to Cellulitis

Acne
Acne Acne is a red skin rash caused by several factors, including hormones and bacteria. Treatment involves washing skin with a mild cleanser once or twice daily, ap...learn more >>
Athlete's Foot
Athlete's Foot Athlete's foot is a superficial skin infection of the foot caused by a moldlike fungus.learn more >>
Chickenpox
Chickenpox Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a highly contagious infection that affects children. Most infections occur between the ages of 5-10 years and usually st...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cellulitis:

Cellulitis - Symptoms

The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?