Viewer Comments: Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid):

Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chalazion?

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: May 11

I have had mine for over 6 weeks now so went to doctors and he is referring me for surgery. I am trying the hot compresses in the meantime.

Comment from: Happy Now, 45-54 Female Published: September 08

I had a chalazion for over 8 months, and none of the remedies on the Internet were helpful. Then, I had a cold sore, and popped L-Lysine like crazy 2,000 MG about 4x a day and within a few days no more cold sore and NO MORE CHALAZION! Hope this really helps and wasn't just a coincidence!

Related Reading: Lysine

Comment from: ourpeanuts2, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 27

My daughter has been getting chalazions since before she was 2 years old. At first our pediatrician thought it to be a sty, but in closer looking saw it wasn't the bump on the eyelash line of the lid and sent us to an eye specialist and my daughter was diagnosed with a chalazion because she had had it for a period of time with no medicines nor warm compresses working, she went to surgery. We have been able to determine that my daughter gets excess oil and histamine built up and have had many recurring chalazions and only 2 surgeries in the last 6 years. Everyone likes to think these are sty's but I must constantly say it's not a sty.

Comment from: Andy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 01

My doctor removed my chalazion in a simple operation using a local anesthetic. It took about 10 minutes to perform, just a little discomfort as a clamp holds your eyelid whilst the doctor uses both hands to do the work. Drops are used to keep your eye moist and I never saw what went on. I had an antibiotic gel put in and an eye patch to keep on for about 4 hours, after taking it off I used the gel 3 times a day until all was back to normal.

Comment from: Kannika, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have also got some chalazion on my eyelid. I visited one doctor he gave me medicines and drops but months pass no changes occurred until now, now he is telling to do operation and remove it. I am very afraid I can't do that.

Must Read Articles Related to Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid)

Sty (Stye)
Sty A stye (sty) is an infection of the eyelid, resulting from a blocked oil gland. Seborrhea, improper eye makeup removal, use of infected cosmetics, poor eyelid h...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid):

Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your chalazion?

Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chalazion (lump in eyelid)?

Chalazion(Lump in Eyelid) - Pain

Did your chalazion cause any pain?