Viewer Comments: Chemical Burns - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chemical Burns:

Chemical Burns - Experience

What type of chemical burn did you experience?

Comment from: dolly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I was cleaning the perimeter of a trailer roof with mineral spirits using thick napkin-like cloths. Each time I finished with one, I stuck it in my shorts pocket because I didn't have a rubbish bag on me. The result was a burn on my skin where the pocket sits.

Comment from: Acs, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I got a chemical burn on my fingers when I was using a deck cleaner.

Comment from: j1207, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 04

I experienced a chemical reaction from acrylic and non latex gloves that have acrylic in them. My fingers were inflamed and extremely itchy and then a week later my skin started to peel and had open cuts and now are all red and cracked and they look like blood keeps coming to the surface of the skin.

Comment from: kahuna, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 01

I got a chemical burn when I used OTC acne products. They burned my skin and now I have bubbles on my face and neck. My skin is dry and it feels dead. It sort of itches and is peeling in places.

Comment from: feathers, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I got a chemical burn when I used acne treatment cream with benzoyl peroxide.

Comment from: gilligan, 55-64 Female Published: February 28

I got burned from a starter spray for a vehicle. I held the can between my thighs while I put the lid back on the carburetor and the spray soaked thru my jeans. I had a 15-minute ride home. It started burning the first 5 minutes. By the time I got home, I stripped, took a shower and applied some gel strictly for burns. This is my 3rd day out and it's still warm to the touch but not as angry red looking as most of the soreness has gone away.

Comment from: ooops, 35-44 Male Published: July 21

I applied hair removal cream to my husband's back and it started to burn took a shower and the next morning he had. Burn scabs on the area treated.

Must Read Articles Related to Chemical Burns

Chemical Eye Burns
Chemical Eye Burns Chemical exposure to any part of the eye or eyelid may result in a chemical eye burn. Chemical burns represent 7-10% of eye injuries. About 15-20% of burns to t...learn more >>
Corneal Ulcer
Corneal Ulcer A corneal ulcer is an open sore on the cornea, the thin clear structure overlying the iris, which is the colored part of your eye.learn more >>
Thermal Burns (Heat or Fire)
Thermal (Heat or Fire) Burns Many of us have picked up a hot pan on a grill or have felt the steam from a super-hot bowl of vegetables in the microwave. Who hasn't reached into ...learn more >>