Chemical Eye Burns (cont.)
Recovery depends on the type and extent of injury. Every exposure to foreign substances or “chemicals” does not necessarily result in injury.
- Chemical irritants seldom cause permanent damage.
- Recovery from acid and alkali burns depends on the depth of the injury.
The 4 grades of burns are
- Grade 1: You should recover fully.
- Grade 2: You may have some scarring, but your vision should recover.
- Grade 3: Your vision will usually be impaired to some degree.
- Grade 4: Damage to your vision likely will be severe.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/31/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Chemical Eye Burns
Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as learn more >>