Chemical Eye Burns (cont.)
Recovery depends on the type and extent of injury. Every exposure to foreign substances or “chemicals” does not necessarily result in injury.
- Chemical irritants seldom cause permanent damage.
- Recovery from acid and alkali burns depends on the depth of the injury.
The 4 grades of burns are
- Grade 1: You should recover fully.
- Grade 2: You may have some scarring, but your vision should recover.
- Grade 3: Your vision will usually be impaired to some degree.
- Grade 4: Damage to your vision likely will be severe.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/28/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Chemical Eye Burns
Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as pain behind the eye, eye socket pain, or shooting pain in the eye. Headaches a...learn more >>