Font Size

Chemical Eye Burns (cont.)


If you are treated for a chemical burn to the eye in a hospital's emergency department, you should see an ophthalmologist within 24 hours. The ophthalmologist determines your continuing care.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/31/2015

Must Read Articles Related to Chemical Eye Burns

Eye Pain
Eye Pain Eye pain has many causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments. It's also described as learn more >>

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Burns, Ocular »

Burns to the sclera, conjunctiva, cornea, and eyelid are considered ocular burns.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary