Patient Comments Read 2 Comments
Chlamydia is a bacterial infection disease transmitted when people have sexual relations. It is the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the United States, with over 2.8 million affected individuals each year. Among adults, about 5% of the population is estimated to be infected. Among sexually active adolescent females, about 10% are infected.
Infection with chlamydia is most commonly found among the following groups:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/21/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Chlamydia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chlamydia:
Chlamydia - Treatment
What was the treatment for your chlamydia?
Chlamydia - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with chlamydia?
Chlamydia - Experience
Please describe your experience with Chlamydia
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?