IN THIS ARTICLE
The health care practitioner may prescribe a single-dose antibiotic, such as azithromycin (Zithromax), taken as a pill. On the other hand, the doctor may choose an antibiotic, such as doxycycline (Atridox, Bio-Tab), to be taken as a pill twice a day for a week. Up to 95% of people will be cured after one course of antibiotics.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/21/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Chlamydia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chlamydia:
Chlamydia - Experience
Please describe your experience with Chlamydia
Chlamydia - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with chlamydia?
Chlamydia - Treatment
What was the treatment for your chlamydia?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?