Viewer Comments: Chlamydia - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chlamydia:

Chlamydia - Experience

Please describe your experience with Chlamydia

Comment from: mom of 6, 25-34 Female Published: April 18

I had just had a baby after a very troubled pregnancy. At my six week checkup my doctor informed me of the disease. He gave me antibiotics which he said both my husband and i had to take for 10 days. I could not breast feed my premature baby. I questioned the doctor about the disease and he told me to be calm, and that they call it the “married folks disease,” and that i should not be concerned. I have often wondered however. My husband was less than an ideal partner at the time, although i never had any evidence of unfaithfulness. That was 34 years ago.

Comment from: Bly, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I was 42 years old, involved in a 15 year marriage, which was a monogamous relationship. When I developed a soreness in the glands near my testicles and burning during urination, my doctor diagnosed Chlamydia and antibiotics were prescribed. This cleared up the problem quickly. When I expressed concern that my wife must have contracted the disease in an extra marital affair (despite never giving me any reason to be suspicious), my doctor said that this disease can be carried in a dormant state for many years. An unusually long period of stress can cause the symptoms to manifest, which described my case perfectly. Twenty years later I am still married to the same woman, and have never encountered any hint of an affair.

Must Read Articles Related to Chlamydia

Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>
Ectopic Pregnancy
Ectopic Pregnancy Ectopic pregnancy is a condition in which a pregnancy develops outside of a woman's uterus. Causes of ectopic pregnancy include previous Fallopian tube infectio...learn more >>
Female Sexual Problems
Female Sexual Problems Long considered a taboo subject, women's sexuality is now openly discussed and portrayed on television, in magazines, and on the internet. Symptoms of female se...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chlamydia:

Chlamydia - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with chlamydia?

Chlamydia - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chlamydia?