Cholesterol and Children (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Cholesterol Level Guidelines for Children
The National Cholesterol Education Program's (NCEP) Expert Panel on Blood Cholesterol in Children and Adolescents endorses these guidelines when measuring cholesterol levels in children. These guidelines are also supported by the major health organizations including the American Heart Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Acceptable cholesterol levels for adults are different than levels recommended for children and are somewhat higher.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/23/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Cholesterol and Children
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about High Cholesterol and Children:
Cholesterol And Children - Symptoms
What symptoms and signs did your child experience with high cholesterol?
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication