Cholesterol and Children Topic Guide
High Cholesterol and Children: High cholesterol is a risk factor for coronary heart disease in adults, but some children may be at risk for premature coronary heart disease if they have high cholesterol levels. Lowering high cholesterol levels in children can be accomplished with diet, exercise, and other lifestyle changes.
Cholesterol Tests Cholesterol tests measure the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. The test is also referred to as a lipoprotein profile or lipoprotein analysis. The test measures total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglyceride levels in the blood. Few risks are associated with cholesterol tests.
Expert Views and News
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication