Cholesterol Tests (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Cholesterol Tests Preparation
Fasting allows proper interpretation of blood lipid levels. You will be instructed to not eat or drink anything (except for water) for 14 hours before the blood is drawn. You should not drink alcohol for 48 hours prior to the test.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/30/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Cholesterol Tests
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cholesterol Tests:
Please describe your experience with cholesterol tests.
Cholesterol Test - Preparation
Please share your experience with preparation prior to cholesterol tests.
Cholesterol Test - Charts and Levels
What are your cholesterol levels and what are you doing about it?
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication