Viewer Comments: Chronic Kidney Disease - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with chronic kidney disease.

Published: December 14

My husband has be diagnosed and we have been researching and found under biblical fasting that the body heals itself he is on day 5 right now of just water and we have been praying .And I've have been doing it too to support him .Will comment later after next ultra sound .

Comment from: max, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease about two years ago from taking a certain medication. I have 50% loss, but have urinary tract infections constantly, suffer from fatigue, depression, and cramps. I see my kidney doctor every 4 months with updated blood tests. I also take high blood pressure medication which I didn't start until I retired from my stressful job (couldn't understand that), but I'm 65 and feel all used up.

Comment from: linzi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease three years ago and I have been in terrible pain ever since. I suffer from kidney infections all the time and I have to go to the hospital for IV antibiotic treatments and control the pain. It is very upsetting. I am only 23 years old and I have a three-year-old son!

Comment from: Len, 45-54 Male Published: December 07

My doctor, the cardiologist and renal specialist have said I have chronic kidney disease and there is nothing they can do for me. They have given me a time limit of only months to live before my kidneys fail altogether.

Comment from: Granny, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I am a diabetic with high blood pressure which is kept under control with medication. Several years ago I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. More recently I have been itching and scratching which results in bruising. My doctor tells me that I have "fragile skin" but it appears it could be something more serious. I have an appointment with my doctor next week and will discuss it with him then.

Comment from: leslie, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 19

I need some help if anyone can point me in the right direction. My boyfriend is 47 years old and he has had the normal work up at the doctor everything was "normal" but there is still something wrong. He has to lay flat on his back to get relaxed to get his kidneys to empty into his bladder and then he urinate up to 85 oz. with no insurance. I can't find any help for him and this is affecting our whole family. I don't understand is this a medical mystery I need some help please!

Comment from: Rosebud, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

My doctor recently diagnosed me with Stage III CKD. I requested a referral to a kidney specialist and also to a nutritionist hoping to learn more and perhaps be put on a specific diet. My request was denied. I was told to drink more water and have follow up blood work done every few months. My doctor also told me that CKD is very common in people my age, which is 65.

Comment from: lacreia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

Hi I was diagnosed with kidney failure in 2009 due to high blood pressure and toxemia with my baby. I know it's hard dealing with this disease sometimes you are in pain and you hurt and have a lot of fatigue.

Comment from: Lou23, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I've been a Type 1 Diabetic for 34 years. My last blood test revealed creatine levels that were elevated. I just learned from my appointment with a Nephrologist, I had stage 3 CKD. It's been a bit of a surprise even though my diabetic control has been very good and A1C's have been around 6.6 for the last many years. I can't help but wonder how long I have before this disease makes it impossible for me to function without a great deal of medical intervention. It seems like it's time for me to change a lot in my life. At my age (64), it doesn't come so easy.

Comment from: rjr, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I am in the severe stage of kidney failure. I only have one kidney. I have a stent replaced every three months, due to a blockage in the ureter. I was holding at 29, but this week the number went down to 24. It scares me. I don't want to go into dialysis. There will be no other way if I fall below 15. I am on a near "0" diet of protein. I also have too high of a count of potassium. Also have to follow a plan with no, or very low sodium. I feel so weak most days. I believe I am too old to have a transplant. I have so many allergies, that my body could not stand the many meds. that is required with a transplant. I had cancer in 2004, when I lost my left kidney to a tumor. Thank You for listening. I am also on three meds for High B.P. which I am sure does not agree with my kidney function. Life is short.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Kidney Disease

Anemia
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anem...learn more >>
Heart Disease
Coronary Heart Disease Coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease, affects about 14 million men and women in the United States. Disease develops when a combinat...learn more >>
Edema
Edema Edema, or the abnormal accumulation of fluid in tissues in the body can be caused by several factors. Treatment of edema depends on the cause of the edema.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chronic kidney disease?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Prognosis

What is your chronic kidney disease prognosis?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?