Viewer Comments: Chronic Kidney Disease - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Patient Experience

Please describe your experience with chronic kidney disease.

Comment from: fanta23, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 04

I just found out last month that I have chronic kidney disease. It's a new experience for me. I am from Sudan and my whole family still in Sudan. I am fighting this disease myself, and I am only 23 years old.

Comment from: tinymisu, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I am 18 years old and I have been suffering from chronic kidney disease since I was born. I was born with a pair of weak kidneys and one of them is smaller than the other. This disorder causes a series of other health problems for me. I am now in stage 4, and I feel as if I have grown weaker over time. I've been in and out of the hospital several times.

Comment from: hnb, 65-74 Male Published: December 14

blood tests indicate deteriation of kidneys - sore back and weak leg muscles

Published: December 14

My husband has be diagnosed and we have been researching and found under biblical fasting that the body heals itself he is on day 5 right now of just water and we have been praying .And I've have been doing it too to support him .Will comment later after next ultra sound .

Comment from: max, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease about two years ago from taking a certain medication. I have 50% loss, but have urinary tract infections constantly, suffer from fatigue, depression, and cramps. I see my kidney doctor every 4 months with updated blood tests. I also take high blood pressure medication which I didn't start until I retired from my stressful job (couldn't understand that), but I'm 65 and feel all used up.

Comment from: linzi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease three years ago and I have been in terrible pain ever since. I suffer from kidney infections all the time and I have to go to the hospital for IV antibiotic treatments and control the pain. It is very upsetting. I am only 23 years old and I have a three-year-old son!

Comment from: Len, 45-54 Male Published: December 07

My doctor, the cardiologist and renal specialist have said I have chronic kidney disease and there is nothing they can do for me. They have given me a time limit of only months to live before my kidneys fail altogether.

Comment from: Granny, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I am a diabetic with high blood pressure which is kept under control with medication. Several years ago I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. More recently I have been itching and scratching which results in bruising. My doctor tells me that I have "fragile skin" but it appears it could be something more serious. I have an appointment with my doctor next week and will discuss it with him then.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Kidney Disease

Anemia
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anem...learn more >>
Edema
Edema Edema, or the abnormal accumulation of fluid in tissues in the body can be caused by several factors. Treatment of edema depends on the cause of the edema.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chronic kidney disease?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Prognosis

What is your chronic kidney disease prognosis?