Viewer Comments: Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

Comment from: Linda Lee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I was diagnosed with CKD about six years ago and am in Stage 4 and the low end and looks like dialysis is on the horizon. I have all the symptoms t and I also had my urethra enlarged about 20 years ago.

Comment from: cotton, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

With my CKD, I have excessive bleeding in my urine, with some clots.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My mom is 79 is stage 5 kidney failure she refuses to start dialysis. 4.6 count . I feel helpless and don't know what to do to help or what to expect.

Comment from: Alami Musafir, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 16

Very good explanations but omits the most important point: what is kidney disease, ie is it clogging of the nephrons, is it necrosis of parts of the kidney etc.

Comment from: evlyn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

Hi I am a 52yrs old I have diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, I also have chronic pain in my back so I take pain medicine. Well my question is I went to my doctor and had blood work done and the results said my kidneys were a little low can you tell me what that means i am afraid because my mom had diabetes and was on dialysis.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Kidney Disease

Anemia
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anem...learn more >>
Heart Disease
Coronary Heart Disease Coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease, affects about 14 million men and women in the United States. Disease develops when a combinat...learn more >>
Edema
Edema Edema, or the abnormal accumulation of fluid in tissues in the body can be caused by several factors. Treatment of edema depends on the cause of the edema.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Patient Experience

Please describe your experience with chronic kidney disease.

Chronic Kidney Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chronic kidney disease?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Prognosis

What is your chronic kidney disease prognosis?