Viewer Comments: Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

Comment from: Bibien, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I was diagnosed with CKD in 2002, at the age of 31. I have been following a renal diet since then with slipping off occasionally due to craving. In 2009, as my creatinine went up to 3.5, my nephrologist put me on a 6-month steroid therapy, which showed me what hell is. It went up to 6 after that and naturally dialysis was advised. I refused and went to a homeopathy doctor. For the last 14 months, I have been following his treatment and my creatinine is maintained around 3. He has cured my recurrent abscesses also.

Comment from: lynda green, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been diagnosed with CKD stage 3, with a GFR of 51. I am tired, (almost all of the time) have joint pain, slight swelling in the ankles and fingers, and generally feel unwell. During the night time, I experience itching and frequent micturation (needing the toilet approx 6 times in the night) I am also very thirsty. I have had kidney problems (many infections) since childhood and it was never fully investigated, about 5 years ago I had my urethra stretched because it was very narrow causing me unable to pass urine.

Comment from: Kay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My legs and feet are bloated with water.

Comment from: Frances, age 55, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I took chemo for lung cancer. Because of the chemo, I now have CKD stage 2. I am so tired all the time. My bones and joints ache. I am not diabetic, but I stay thirsty all the time. I am up four or five times every night to use the bathroom. All of this is at stage 2. I am not looking forward to next stages. I see a nephrologist and an oncologist on regular basis. Be kind to people. It seems like everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment from: January11471, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

I am 42 years old. I found out from routine blood work that I had CKD about two years ago. My doctor didn't say anything to me he just sent the blood work results in the mail with my bill. My kidney areas hurt constantly sometimes unbearably. I am constantly thirsty. I constantly have the urge to urinate, which is annoying especially when at work and have to wait for someone to break me. And getting up every few hours during the night is absolutely unbearable.

Comment from: Sy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

Dark, foamy urine, lower back pain and tired most of the time, sleeplessness. Weight loss and generally poor appetite. Waiting for biopsy results as I'm showing signs of kidney failure. I am 42 and have numbness in both feet.

Comment from: cocoa47, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I am 65 years old, I developed high blood pressure when I was about 45 or 46. Then at age 59 I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and in the beginning I was taking a lot of ibupofen and tylenol. After some time I had a physical and was told my kidneys were border line. I was told to have an ultra sound on my kidneys and the result was that I had chronic kidney disease with no obstruction. As of today I made an appointment with a kidney doctor and was told he was the best in my area, but I can not get an appointment with this doctor until October, 2012.

Comment from: Jamie, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

I ended up in emergency with severe stomach pain and back pain, nausea, fever, numbness and swelling, dizziness as well as foamy urine. They admitted me in hospital for four days due to dehydration, stomach infection and both kidneys were infected and with my left kidney was not functioning. Since then I have had three surgeries. Soon, I will have my left kidney removed.

Comment from: Mansour, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I was diagnosed with stage 3 CKD last year. Associated symptoms were hypertension, edema, anemia, fatigue, breathlessness, tiredness, lack of stamina, skin rash, acidic taste in mouth, discolored skin and rapid heartbeat. All this has now changed.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Kidney Disease

Anemia
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anem...learn more >>
Heart Disease
Coronary Heart Disease Coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease, affects about 14 million men and women in the United States. Disease develops when a combinat...learn more >>
Edema
Edema Edema, or the abnormal accumulation of fluid in tissues in the body can be caused by several factors. Treatment of edema depends on the cause of the edema.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease:

Chronic Kidney Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with chronic kidney disease.

Chronic Kidney Disease - Treatment

What was the treatment for your chronic kidney disease?

Chronic Kidney Disease - Prognosis

What is your chronic kidney disease prognosis?