Viewer Comments: Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Pain:

Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with pain.

Comment from: hitcatch, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 11

I am diabetic and a heart patient. I have 2 main issues, one I had heart surgery 6 years ago and the scar on my chest has not healed properly as far as I am concerned. I constantly have recurring pain and I am tired of it. My doctors say there is nothing that can be done. When I had a second opinion they said x-rays show that the stainless steel wires they used to put my chest back together again were poking my skin. I had about 8 wires put in, and 3 had to be taken out because they were put in wrong, according to this cardiologist. I still have pain, the scar still doesn't look well. Two, I have pain in the bottom of the ball of my right foot. If I rest it for a day it feels somewhat ok. I play soft ball twice a week (68 years old) and after each game my foot feels stinging pain and or needle like stabs. It swells some, not a lot. Ice helps some, then foot baths helps. I wonder if it can be diabetic nerve pain.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: July 09

I have a frozen shoulder. It's tight and I'm in a fair amount of pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Insomnia
Insomnia Insomnia affects most people at some point in their lifetime. Insomnia is actually a symptoms of a condition, disease, or situation. Non-medical treatment of in...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Pain:

Chronic Pain - Management

What steps have you taken to manage your chronic pain?

Chronic Pain - Effective Treatments

Please describe what treatments have been effective for your chronic pain.