Viewer Comments: Chronic Pain - Management

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Pain:

Chronic Pain - Management

What steps have you taken to manage your chronic pain?

Comment from: h8me2day, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have gone to a chiropractor, bought a hot tub, bought a zero-gravity chair, taken opioids. The meds use to work but now been on them over a year, but my body has now become immune to my meds that I currently take. Even though my blood pressure is always elevated, I have yet to find a pain doctor to switch me to a different long acting opioid and breakthrough or raise my dose. Where are the real pain management doctors that can tell the difference between a pill head and an actual pain patient?

Comment from: jamie, Published: January 31

I had my tailbone removed that ended up getting a large abscess for which I had to have four more surgeries and had an open wound for nine months. I tried injections which helped but only for brief periods. Also did physical therapy in which I had absolutely no improvement after three months so it was discontinued. Pain meds help to an extent, but only by making pain more tolerable.

Must Read Articles Related to Chronic Pain

Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>
Insomnia
Insomnia Insomnia affects most people at some point in their lifetime. Insomnia is actually a symptoms of a condition, disease, or situation. Non-medical treatment of in...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some of the common causes include fractures, strains, sprains, bleeding, diseases such as gout, peripheral artery dis...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Pain:

Chronic Pain - Effective Treatments

Please describe what treatments have been effective for your chronic pain.

Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with pain.