Viewer Comments: Circumcision - Overview

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Circumcision:

Circumcision - Overview

Did you have your child circumcised? Why or why not?

Comment from: Frank, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

We had all of our boys circumcised at birth. I was not circumcised when I was born in 1945. I never had a problem with my foreskin, but I wanted to have my penis circumcised when I learned what circumcision was. I was 7 years old. My parents would not have me circumcised. I finally had it done when I was 23. I suffered lots of embarrassment growing up. I did not want to submit my boys to the same guilt that I had, wanting to be circumcised. In the end, being circumcised was the best decision I ever made for myself. Still wished that my parents would have had me done at birth or at least when I asked to be done at about 10 years old. I have not lost any feeling, if anything I have just as much feeling as I have ever had. Nothing was lost with my circumcision. I actually have more intense feelings after my foreskin was removed.

Comment from: Toby, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 03

I would never do that. It is unnatural and painful for the child. Moreover, they lose a lot of sensitivity.

Must Read Articles Related to Circumcision

Foreskin Problems
Foreskin Problems Two conditions commonly occur with the foreskin of the penis of an uncircumcised or improperly circumcised boy or man, phimosis and paraphimosis. Causes of phim...learn more >>