Viewer Comments: Cluster Headache - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cluster Headache:

Cluster Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your cluster headaches?

Comment from: Las Veags mike, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 08

My name is Mike I have had clusters for about 12 years now. They used to happen very rarely. In the last two months I get them everyday two to three times a day. The ones that wake me up every night are the most intense. The pain I can't even put in on a scale it's that bad. In fact last night was one of the worst attacks yet. It sad to say but you would almost do anything for it to stop. I take Imitrex around three times a day. This is just a very depressing way to live each day knowing at a certain each day and night I have to go through it all over again.

Comment from: KC, 25-34 (Patient) Published: July 14

I get a sharp pain that digs into my temple, eye socket, cheek bone and teeth all down the one side of my face. The sharp drilling pain comes in at different angles, but it hurts from the inside out. The ones that wake me up in the night are the worst.

Comment from: painfull, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

For my cluster headaches, I get swelling over my right eye, watery eyes, swelling around the eye, and a clogged right nasal passage unbearable piercing pain. I can set my watch by these attacks “ every three hours like clockwork, day in and day out.

Must Read Articles Related to Cluster Headache

Cluster Headache FAQs
Cluster Headache FAQs Acute angle-closure glaucoma is caused by a rapid or sudden increase in pressure inside the eye, called intraocular pressure (IOP). In angle-closure glaucoma, t...learn more >>
Migraine and Cluster Headache Medications
Migraine and Cluster Headache Medications Migraines are headaches that most likely stem from problems with blood vessels in the head. Migraine headaches typically last from 4-72 hours. They may happen a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cluster Headache:

Cluster Headaches - Patient Experience

Do you have cluster headaches? Please describe your experience?

Cluster Headaches - Treatment

What kind of treatment did you receive for your cluster headaches? Was it effective?