Viewer Comments: Cold Hands and Feet - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cold Hands and Feet:

Cold Hands and Feet - Causes

What was the cause of your cold hands and feet?

Comment from: Petunia2, Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I don't know yet what causes my cold hands and feet. It is different in that my feet and hands get extremely cold sensation and I can be sitting in my warm house. Sometimes they are cold in the warmer months as well. I am not diabetic, I believe I have some underlying vascular disorder. I have noticed some changes in my nails, nail color and nail shape.

Comment from: jack callan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I am diabetic, not fat. It just runs in the family and I have suffered from cold feet for years. My wife got me natural wool socks somewhere from Europe. I thought it was a joke. Now, I cannot sleep without them and whenever I am at home I wear these socks to keep me warm. Since then I passed on the gift to other cold-feet sufferers. The socks are called Mr. Woolly Socks, and you can get them online.

Comment from: MARY RUPE, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I experienced cold hands and feet after gastric bypass surgery. I was told this might happen, so I'm not worried.

Comment from: Mary, 65-74 Female Published: January 04

My hands and feet are cold all the time even on warm days both in and out doors.

Comment from: MaXi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I've always had cold hands and feet, I'm not aware of any particular cause. At times when using cold water my fingers become numb in parts.

Must Read Articles Related to Cold Hands and Feet

Hypothermia
Hypothermia Hypothermia occurs when the normal body temperature of 95 F (35 C) or lower. Causes of hypothermia include exposure to a very cold or frigid environment (primar...learn more >>