Viewer Comments: Cold Sore - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cold Sores:

Cold Sore - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your cold sore?

Comment from: Rena, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been having cold sores from the time I was about 8 years. I never knew what it was until when I was 14 and I went to see a doctor and he told me that I had a cold sore. My symptoms were a little pimple and then the next morning it would be red and it would burn and sting really bad, and after a few days it would get dry and flake off. I am just recently recovering from a cold sore after almost 4 years with no outbreak I finally got one now. I am now using lip sore cream and it works really well. The sore is slowly going away getting smaller and smaller.

Must Read Articles Related to Cold Sores

Colds
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone. Symptoms and s...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cold Sores:

Herpes Simplex Infections - Treatments

How were your herpes simples infections (cold sores, non-genital) treated?

Herpes Simplex Infections - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with herpes simplex infections (cold sores, non-genital).