Viewer Comments: Collapsed Lung - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax):

Collapsed Lung - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your collapsed lung?

Comment from: Bill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 28

I had very bad pain. It was very hard to breathe. I thought I was having a heart attack, so I called the ambulance. As it turns out, it was my left lung that had collapsed. I had three chest tubes to drain infection from around the lung.

Comment from: twin1, 55-64 Female Published: October 21

I woke up one morning and had what felt like a broken back. I called my sister to take me to hospital. It only took five minutes for the nurse to listen to my lungs and then the blue light went flashing and nurses rushed me into a room and told me my right lung collapsed. I had a tube inserted, which was very painful. Five days later, I was released. Six months later, I had the same thing.

Must Read Articles Related to Collapsed Lung

Bronchoscopy
Bronchoscopy Bronchoscopy is performed to view the inside of a person's airway and lungs. There are two types of bronchoscopy, 1) rigid bronchoscopy and 2) flexible bronchos...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax):

Pneumothorax - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with pneumothorax.

Pneumothorax - Causes

What was the cause of your pneumothorax?