IN THIS ARTICLE
A colonoscopy can be performed in a hospital, clinic, or in a doctor's office, depending on the facility. The patient will be given an appointment and a set of instructions to follow before the test is performed.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/2/2014
R Benjamin Saldana, DO
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Colonoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy:
Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy - Procedure
How did you prepare for your colonoscopy procedure?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication