IN THIS ARTICLE
Upon discharge, the doctor will give the patient a follow-up appointment. The final results of the test are generally available at that appointment, although biopsy results may take some time. The doctor may give the patient specific instructions in regard to what symptoms to monitor, which ones are normal, and which are more serious. The patient may also be advised when to start eating and told to slowly increase dietary intake.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/21/2013
R Benjamin Saldana, DO
Must Read Articles Related to Colonoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy:
Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy - Procedure
How did you prepare for your colonoscopy procedure?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?