IN THIS ARTICLE
Upon discharge, the doctor will give the patient a follow-up appointment. The final results of the test are generally available at that appointment, although biopsy results may take some time. The doctor may give the patient specific instructions in regard to what symptoms to monitor, which ones are normal, and which are more serious. The patient may also be advised when to start eating and told to slowly increase dietary intake.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/2/2014
R Benjamin Saldana, DO
Must Read Articles Related to Colonoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy:
Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy - Procedure
How did you prepare for your colonoscopy procedure?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu