IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Call a doctor if any unexpected symptoms occur, including:
If there are additional concerns, call the doctor's office for advice and evaluation.
Minor symptoms, such as bloating, are common after this procedure, more serious symptoms should prompt the patient to seek urgent medical attention. Call your physician and go directly to the emergency department if the patient experiences any of the following:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/21/2013
R Benjamin Saldana, DO
Must Read Articles Related to Colonoscopy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy:
Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy - Procedure
How did you prepare for your colonoscopy procedure?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?