Common Health Tests (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
A very important role for screening is in detecting cancer at an early stage. Although screening does not prevent cancer, it may diagnose the condition when it is in the most treatable form. It is important to note that this is not always the case though.
Which cancers can be detected using common health tests? Several types of cancer can be detected by testing. These include cancers of the breast, cervix, testicles, colon and rectum, and skin. There does seem to be a definite impact on survival when cancer is detected early and treated appropriately.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 1/12/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Common Health Tests
Men's Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Do Baseball Caps Cause Baldness?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication