Common Health Tests Topic Guide
Common Health Tests: Common health tests may be performed in your doctor's office or even in the pharmacy. Regular health checks and screening for certain diseases and conditions have become routine for most. Common health tests include a mammogram, choleterol tests, and colonoscopy.
High Cholesterol High cholesterol levels can lead to heart disease, stroke, angina, blood clot formation, stroke, peripheral artery disease, and more. Causes of high cholesterol include: heredity, age and sex, stress, and lifestyle choices. Cholesterol levels can be reduced with lifestyle changes and medication if necessary (statins, fibrates, bile acid sequestrants, or niacin).
Men's Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Do Baseball Caps Cause Baldness?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication