Viewer Comments: Concussion - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your concussion?

Comment from: living with it, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 06

I was hit on the head four years ago. I was diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, post-concussion migraine and epilepsy. I live everyday one day at a time. I cannot make plans to do things because it just depends on how bad the migraines get or if I can actually function that day. I feel for anyone out there who is in my situation. This has turned my world upside down. I have lost my job. I have a hard time spending time with friends and family. I get irritable and so sensitive to light and noise that I most have to stay to myself. But life goes on no matter what and I learned that you have to make yourself better and live with it because after you feel this for so long, you know that you just have to push yourself to do things. Good Luck!

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

I fell and hit the back of my head two days ago. Sometimes, I feel dizzy and lightheaded and I sometimes I get a slight headache. Also, my head feels tight.

Comment from: momof two, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 08

This website was very informative. Being a mom of two very active young boys, we get a lot of bumps and bruises, on the head sometimes. This helped to calm my nerves, when other websites were not as informative. Thanks again!

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I was found unconscious at the bottom of stairs. I awoke the next day in ICU with a severe concussion, and I was discharged two days later. It has been 16 days, and I still have headaches, dizziness some nausea and sometimes a little shortness of breath. I remember nothing about the fall which is very frustrating. I want to know what happened to me.

Comment from: Husband and wife, 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 26

My husband and I were in a serious car accident 8 days ago. We both experienced concussions. I experienced dizziness for4 days. He is still very dizzy, particularly when he looks down or turns his head sideways. He also experienced some short-term memory loss (he does not recall what he said to me in the car after the impact). We were both in hospital and discharged. We are using pain relievers when needed, ibuprofen, and resting as much as possible. Our lives were spared and we believe that with time all symptoms will subside.

Comment from: ellie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I got my concussion from being rear-ended in a car accident, just before I was hit head on. I don't remember much about the accident, but people were telling me that my car did a complete circle and then I went into the other lane and hit an oncoming van. I have had a constant headache and I can't sleep a full night since them. Also, I am finding it harder to focus and I have been getting dizzy and seeing floaters in my eyes.

Comment from: travis, 7-12 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

This is my second concussion, but both times, I could not remember anything. Days afterward, I had headaches, and I felt lightheaded all the time. This time, I was hit in the head by a basketball and hit my head on the bleachers.

Comment from: wheels, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

I have had five concussions and with all five, I have had blurred vision, migraine headache, short term and long term memory loss, and I have been told that I have been asking the same question over and over. I got my five concussions in 14 months: I fell out of a tree and wrecked my dirt bike four times racing. The best thing to get rid of concussion is wait it out. It might last days, weeks or months.

Comment from: Confused, 25-34 Female Published: January 08

I can't remember what happened, how I ended up on the couch, after hitting the back of my head in the kitchen. Each time I walk, I can feel the back of my head ache. However, I do not have a constant headache.

Comment from: hockeyman13, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

When I had a concussion, I also had a headache and dizziness. I was light-headed and nauseated.

Must Read Articles Related to Concussion

Bruises
Bruises A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Cuts or Lacerations
Cuts or Lacerations A cut refers to a skin wound with separation of the connective tissue elements. Unlike an abrasion (a wound caused by friction or scraping), none of the skin is...learn more >>
Dementia in Head Injury
Dementia in Head Injury Head injury occurs when an outside force hits the head hard enough to cause the brain to move violently within the skull. This force can cause shaking, twisting...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Recovery

Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

Concussion - Experience

Please describe your experience with concussion.

Concussion - Medical Treatment

What was the treatment for your concussion?