Viewer Comments: Concussion - Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Recovery

Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

...
Comment from: phyllis, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I was in a serious auto accident in 2010. The worse was concussion and positional vertigo. Yesterday, while working, my head started to feel weird, legs didn't want to go in right direction, felt like my throat was closing up. I am still weak today. During this episode, the back of my head, near brain stem was in quite a bit of pain.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I fell and hit the back of my head rather hard. I do not have any symptoms or even swelling.

Comment from: Jim, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

I was playing in a racquetball tournament I hit my head on the wall. The player I was playing said I dove at a ball and slid into the wall. He may think I dove but I will guarantee the whole world that I did not intentionally dive. I am 72 years old! That floor and wall are as hard or harder than my head. The scary thing is that I don't remember what happened just prior to the incident. I was unconscious for maybe a minute, woke up lying in the floor with several people around asking if I was OK. I was very disoriented and was asking what happened. I played no more but didn't go to the doctor until the following Monday. She performed several simple tests and said she thought I would be okay, but if certain symptoms occurred to go to hospital and have CT scan. I have had a mild to medium head ache almost constantly since, but no other symptoms.

Comment from: Sara, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I fell off a push bike. My helmet had cracks in 3 places. I had bad concussion. I broke my hip, and had a hip replacement two days later. It's now over a year later, but I still have memory problems, short term memory loss, and trouble remembering names, and forgetting where I am going and what for. I would like to know what I can do to assist recovery.

Comment from: headmaster, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

On Feb 24, 2012 I fell backwards at a hockey rink and hit my head hard. Now, into third month, ringing in the ears has reduced to a buzzing. It's usually quiet in the morning and more buzzing occurs as day goes on.

Comment from: Dizzy spell, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I had a fall during my ski trip about a month ago. I did not have any helmet on during that fall. The fall caught me by surprise and I may have a loss of memory for a very short duration. Everything was fine after that and I managed to ski. However, I begun having dizziness a week ago and the dizziness has not gone away since.

Comment from: Max, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I slipped on some snow covered Ice and struck the back of my head hard enough to cause some external bleeding. I was quite dizzy momentarily and after a few minutes I continued driving for several hours to my destination. On the next morning, I went downhill skiing for two hours but due to extreme Fog, I stopped and decided to visit a hospital, where I was examined and I also had a CT scan.

Comment from: Hockey Mom, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 07

My 14 year old son took a terrible headshot while playing hockey two days ago.

Comment from: Mckayla, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

Hi I have a concussion right now. I had vomiting, headaches, sensitive to noise and light, mood swings, couldn't stand, passed out a couple days after the incident, felt like blacking out! It was pretty scary!

Comment from: martha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

Garage door fell on head,I felt strange,dizzy ,spacey and tired and slow for two days. Head was sore swollen .

Comment from: eve, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 24

From my concussion, I had a permanent headache. I got into a car accident that involved head trauma. I was told that the back of my brain was bruised. There are many things I miss doing because I can't stand the noise.

...

Must Read Articles Related to Concussion

Bruises
Bruises A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Cuts or Lacerations
Cuts or Lacerations A cut refers to a skin wound with separation of the connective tissue elements. Unlike an abrasion (a wound caused by friction or scraping), none of the skin is...learn more >>
Dementia in Head Injury
Dementia in Head Injury Head injury occurs when an outside force hits the head hard enough to cause the brain to move violently within the skull. This force can cause shaking, twisting...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Medical Treatment

What was the treatment for your concussion?

Concussion - Experience

Please describe your experience with concussion.

Concussion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your concussion?