Viewer Comments: Concussion - Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Recovery

Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

Comment from: Hockey Mom, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 07

My 14 year old son took a terrible headshot while playing hockey two days ago.

Comment from: Mckayla, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 06

Hi I have a concussion right now. I had vomiting, headaches, sensitive to noise and light, mood swings, couldn't stand, passed out a couple days after the incident, felt like blacking out! It was pretty scary!

Comment from: martha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

Garage door fell on head,I felt strange,dizzy ,spacey and tired and slow for two days. Head was sore swollen .

Comment from: eve, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 24

From my concussion, I had a permanent headache. I got into a car accident that involved head trauma. I was told that the back of my brain was bruised. There are many things I miss doing because I can't stand the noise.

Comment from: neartheend, 55-64 Male Published: November 30

I'm coming up on my 12th christmas since my last head injury, still waiting for a good nights sleep or a day without a headache without having to use drugs.

Comment from: MB, 45-54 Male Published: November 15

42 years ago, I was cycling on the pavement and smashed my head against another boy's head as he cycled out of his house. I was knocked out for an hour, but did not dare report the incident to my parents through fear of being thrashed. The consequence of that accident was headaches for years and the acquisition of dyslexia. At the age of 44, I had a stroke, which removed my dyslexia and the headaches.

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I was bucked off a horse on May 22, 2011. I was unconscious from the fall so I don't remember much. I am still experiencing dizziness, fatigue, headaches, focus problems and always feel like I can't balance myself when I walk. CT scan and MRI of the brain showed nothing. I also have a neck and back problem that I am having therapy for. Also, when I write I feel like I do not hold the pen correctly and I am always wondering if I am spelling words correctly.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 23

I took an elbow to the head during a basketball game almost two months ago. I never lost consciousness, but had some vision problems that first day. CT scan showed no problems. I'm still experiencing some "fuzziness" (not a spinning kind of dizziness), weakness, light sensitivity, ringing in my ears, odd sleep patterns, and occasional anxiety.

I received my concussion while tripping up cement steps. I got the concussion from falling and hitting my head on the eyebrow line just over the corner of my right eye resulting was a purple-blue shiner. This was three weeks ago and today I still experience dizziness and nausea and fatigue.

Comment from: clumbsy, 55-64 Female Published: July 11

I fell last week, breaking my wrist and pulling chest muscles. I hit my head, too, ending up with stitches. Now, I have a terrible headache and light bothers my eyes. I cannot sleep very well and now I'm somewhat depressed and irritated.

Comment from: chris, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

Dizziness, slight ringing in the ears, and mild headaches were the residual effects of my concussion.

Comment from: normsw, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 24

I stepped off an 18-inch curb into the air and fell on my knees and slammed my head on the pavement. A CT scan and X-rays all proved negative, but the entire left top and sides of my head is numb. I hit the pavement above my left eye. I have a hematoma and an abrasion on my forehead.

Must Read Articles Related to Concussion

Bruises A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Cuts or Lacerations
Cuts or Lacerations Cuts and lacerations are both terms that apply to a tear in the skin, though a laceration implies a more jagged tear. These terms do not include abrasions where...learn more >>
Dementia in Head Injury
Dementia in Head Injury Head injury occurs when an outside force hits the head hard enough to cause the brain to move violently within the skull. This force can cause shaking, twisting...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Medical Treatment

What was the treatment for your concussion?

Concussion - Experience

Please describe your experience with concussion.

Concussion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your concussion?