Viewer Comments: Concussion - Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Recovery

Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

Comment from: Raine , 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 03

I got hit by a car and flipped over and got 51 stitches in the back right hand side top of my head. I cannot bend over without bed spins. The right hand side of my body gets numb then burns. My head aches as in headache not just the residual pain from the wound 24 hrs a day. I snap on people for no reason. Every day is like a hangover. I am so paranoid around people I cannot go out. I feel like dying but have family and just that's a weak thing. Bull. I have changed from a hit and run. I was I guess an Electrician farmer and am trying to carry on. I go to the doctor or emergency room when I suddenly pass out and the ct scan says I'm fine. Well I'm not fine. If there is nothing that can be done tell me. My entire world changed in a moment.

Comment from: Cheeng, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I have had the misfortune of having several concussions. First one at age 4 when my father dropped me on the curb. Cracked back of skull from that. Second one in an auto accident at about 16. Minor concussion. Then at 18 a fractured skull, out for several hours and loss of eye site in one eye. I had headaches almost all the time for over 10 years. Eye site came back after about 6 months.4th time I was 26 and mugged in New York. I was hit in the head by a stool dropped out of a 3rd floor window. They had killed at least 2 other people this way. I was hit hard enough to fracture 2 vertebras and my heel. I was only out for a few minutes. At 66 I still hold a job and I'm doing okay, but I do have some balance and memory problems.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I got hit in the head with a 85 mph fastball in the back of the head had a golf ball size lump on the back of my head and I still get random headaches and I can't take bright lights.

Comment from: lzycntrygurl29, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My vision is still blurry sometimes and I see white flashes of light sometimes. I have also had some pretty severe headaches, trouble sleepy, memory loss and poor concentration. Some things that would be second nature to me like tying my shoes I now have to think about how to do it.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 14

My 13 year old son was punched in the head and knocked unconscious 3 days ago. He had a CT scan and it showed no damage to his brain, but he was kept in hospital for 24 hours for observations. 3 days later he still has no memory of anything from 2 days before the assault and can only remember from the day after the assault, so he has lost 3 days memory! This is still very worrying and do not know if it will ever come back. Both ears are also still sore when touched!

Comment from: VZ998, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had a concussion about a year ago and I still get constant headaches in the back of my neck and up the right side of my head affecting my vision and jaw. I also still feel dizzy and not all there like I can't focus still. I also got severe anxiety from my concussion as well.

Must Read Articles Related to Concussion

Bruises
Bruises A bruise is a common skin injury that results in a discoloration of the skin. Symptoms and signs include pain and discolored skin. Applying a cold compress may ...learn more >>
Cuts or Lacerations
Cuts or Lacerations A cut refers to a skin wound with separation of the connective tissue elements. Unlike an abrasion (a wound caused by friction or scraping), none of the skin is...learn more >>
Dementia in Head Injury
Dementia in Head Injury Head injury occurs when an outside force hits the head hard enough to cause the brain to move violently within the skull. This force can cause shaking, twisting...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion:

Concussion - Medical Treatment

What was the treatment for your concussion?

Concussion - Experience

Please describe your experience with concussion.

Concussion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your concussion?