Constipation in Adults Topic Guide
Constipation (Adults): Constipation in adults refers to difficulty in passing stools or a decrease in the frequency of bowel movements. Causes of constipation in adults include a poor diet, excessive caffeine and alcohol consumption, inadequate fluid intake, poor bowel habits, certain medications, pregnancy, certain diseases or conditions, age, and more. Treatment for constipation include lifestyle changes, OTC remedies, and medication if necessary.
Endoscopy With the procedure known as gastrointestinal endoscopy, a doctor is able to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination is performed using an endoscope-a flexible fiberoptic tube, usually with the patient under sedation.
Expert Views and News
- Can You Take Too Many Stool Softeners?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication