Corns and Calluses (cont.)
Corns and Calluses Treatment
Self-Care at Home
- Place protective covering or pads over the sore to decrease friction and/or pressure on the skin until the sore heals.
- Apply moisturizing agents such as lotions to dry calluses and corns. Agents with 10%/20% urea can soften the sores and make them easier to remove.
- Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions.
- Avoid stress to hands or feet by using gloves or changing shoes or socks.
- Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften corns and calluses.
- Avoid going barefoot and wearing flip flop sandals.
Must Read Articles Related to Corns and Calluses
Diabetic Foot Care
Read about diabetic foot care. Causes of foot problems in people with diabetes include footwear, nerve damage, poor circulation, trauma, infections, and smoking...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Corns and Calluses: