Corns and Calluses (cont.)
Prevention of Corns and Calluses
- Wear gloves to protect hands.
- Make sure shoes and socks fit properly and do not rub.
- Wear felt pads over bony points where there is increased friction to the skin.
- Surgically correct bony abnormalities.
- Keep hands and feet moisturized.
- Wear proper shoes with custom inserts (orthotics).
Must Read Articles Related to Corns and Calluses
Diabetic Foot Care
Read about diabetic foot care. Causes of foot problems in people with diabetes include footwear, nerve damage, poor circulation, trauma, infections, and smoking...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Corns and Calluses: