IN THIS ARTICLE
Patient Comments Read 40 Comments
Costochondritis is diagnosed using the history and physical examination rather than by specific laboratory or imaging tests. Tests are sometimes used to rule out other conditions that can have similar symptoms but are more dangerous, such as heart disease.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/19/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Costochondritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis:
Costochondritis - Treatment
What treatment has been effective for your costochondritis?
Costochondritis - Experience
Please describe your experience with costochondritis.
Costochondritis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your costochondritis?
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication