Viewer Comments: Costochondritis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis:

Costochondritis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your costochondritis?

Comment from: ScareyCat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I had chest pain for over a week. I assumed I had a bronchial problem when I experienced shortness of breath and tenderness of the chest area. I decided to call 911 when I felt fullness in my chest while bending over. That scared me. I got to the ER, and doc said I had something called costochondritis. I was stunned but glad it was not heart-related. Anti-inflammatory meds helped with the pain.

Comment from: Connie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I was diagnosed with costochondritis. I have intermittent chest pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Costochondritis

Ankylosing Spondylitis, Rheumatologic Perspective
Ankylosing Spondylitis, Rheumatologic Perspective Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that involves the spine and the sacroiliac (SI) joints (joints between the lowest end of the spine, called th...learn more >>
Arthritis
Arthritis Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. Causes include injury, abnormal metabolism (such as gout), inheritance (such as in osteoarthritis), infections (such as...learn more >>
Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia is an illness with no known cause. Symptoms include chronic pain, fatigue, fibrofog (mental haziness), insomnia, headaches, nervousness, numbness, ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Costochondritis:

Costochondritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with costochondritis?

Costochondritis - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your costochondritis?