- The source of infection for pubic lice is intimate contact with an infected person. Therefore, pubic lice are often transmitted during sex.
- Since transmission occurs during intimate contact, actual sexual intercourse is not necessary for the spread of pubic lice.
- Pubic lice can also be transmitted by contact with contaminated belongings such as towels, bed sheets, or clothing.
- Crabs are transmitted through any intimate contact. Lice do not jump or fly, so actual contact is necessary for transmission.
An individual may acquire an infection by sharing bedding or towels.
- Cats, dogs, and other pets are not involved in the spread of human lice. Your pet cannot become infested with human lice and transmit the lice to another person.
Must Read Articles Related to Crabs
Lice infestation on the human body (also known as pediculosis) is very common. Itch is the main symptom of a lice infestation. Lice treatment involves using ant...learn more >>
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread through any type of sexual activity ...learn more >>